Spring in New York
What to do and what to visit
Index - What to do in New York City in:
Spring in New York
With April the first spring days arrive, the days are getting longer and the cherry trees start to blossom in the parks .... but beware the month could still bring a few days of cold...and snow!!! Let's see the temperatures:
Climate, Temperatures and Average Precipitation in New York in April
In April the average temperatures range from minimum 7 to maximum around 15 degrees, New Yorkers immediately begin to crowd the parks and for visitors it becomes pleasant to walk, ride a bike and take some boat trips. Beware of rains that can be sudden and abundant, not so much in the number of days as in quantity. Stay up to date with the Weather in New York
Events in April 2018 - What to see
This year Easter arrives on April 1st, but it is not the only event in New York we see all the appointments for April 2018 in NYC, some dates are not yet confirmed, we will update them as soon as they are defined:
- Easte April 1st The Parade in Fifth Avenue, starts in the morning and goes on until the afternoon from 49th to 57th street ...
- Easter Restaurant still on April 1st, restaurants for brunch at reduced prices!
- From April 1st to 8th Auto Show @ Jacob Javits Center
- From April 1st to 22nd Orchid Show, the Orchid Festival, at the Botanical Garden in New York
- April 7th 2 appointments, the Scottish Parade, the New York Tartan Day Parade, in Sesata Avenue between 45 and 55 and the Pillow Fight, @ Washington Square Park
- April 7th & 8th the MoCCA Arts Festival for all the fans of cartoons.
- April 15th we celebrate Earth Day in Union Square
- April 28th-29th Travel Festival differents locations
- Tribeca Film Festival è tra gli appuntamenti di maggior importanza See Festival Guide
Easter Parede in New York
New York Weather in May
May is certainly among the best months to visit New York, temperatures are pleasant. It is the right month for outdoor activities and to visit the beautiful parks and botanical gardens that New York offers. It is also the perfect time for an excursion to Washington DC with its blooming cherry trees!
The average temperatures and precipitation in May
Average temperatures range from 8 ° to 20 °, therefore more than pleasant; the rains are plentiful, umbrella and k-way in New York are always needed!
Events in May 2018 - What to see
Now let's see the events of May in New York, we will make updates when we have certain dates, starting with:
- May 6th: Bike Tour, better known as the Five Boro Bike tour because you cross all 5 New York City districts by bike.
- May 7th – 13th the Independent Film Festival, different locations
- May 13th we celebrate Mother's Day and we have many ideas to celebrate Mother's Day starting from the Cruises in the Bay!
- May 19th Multicultural Festival opportunity to reach the area of Harlem to the north, (at 141/145) the beautiful St. Nicholas Avenue. A tour of the world through food, art, music and fashion.!
- May 25th – 28th NYC's Arts & Culture Festival with performances, free, in some theaters in New York; then the African Festival, with African dance, music and culture; Washington Square Outdoor can be found on the sidewalks of University Place.
- In May also begins the Free Summer Movies and the SummerStage, different locations, for concerts, theater and dance.
- May @ Central Park Shakespeare in the Park
- @ Governors Island Festival of Colors May 12th
- May 28 Memorial Day. During the Weekend there are many events : the Fleet Week, Concert @ Lincoln Center With Strength & Joy, the ceremony held in Riverside Park at the Soldiers' Monument
New York Weather in June
In June you can breathe summer air, recommend beautiful walks to discover the island of Manhattan, along the Hudson River from Battery Park, extreme point of Manhattan you can get up to Harlem; and then there's Brooklyn with Dumbo and Queens. Relax in the parks, enjoy the sea breeze on one of the cruises, both day and night and arrive to Coney Island for a spin on the wheel and to enjoy one of Nathan's famous Hot Dogs!
The average temperatures and precipitation in June in New York
We will have less rainfall in June and average temperatures will be from 15° to over 25°. As already mentioned it is among the best months to see New York.
Events in June 2018 - What to see
Many of the events started in May last also for the month of June, some dates have yet to be confirmed, but let's see what New York offers us in June:
- June 1st go on Book Expo @ Javits Center
- June 1st – 10th the Brooklyn Film Festival
- June 4th @ Times Square for the Taste of Times Square, with more than 40 restaurants for a taste of international cuisines, music and local bands; from 46th Street to 10 along Broadway Avenue
- June 10th, the Portorico Parade on Fifth Avenue from 44th to 79th strada.
- June 14th – 21st, SoHo Film Festival @ Village East Cinema.
- June 16th we celebrate the Solstice with the concert at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- June 16th we also have the famous Mermaid Parade in Coney Island , not to be missed!
- June 17th we celebrate the Father's Day
- Continue the Free Summer Movies , Summer Stage e Shakespeare in the Park
- Music at the Park with the New York Philharmonic
- At Lincoln Center the Italian Film Festival
- @ Madison Square Park June 9-10 The BBQ Block Party
Spring: Best time to visit New York.
As you understand spring is perfect to visit New York, pleasant temperature, many events and events, prices are not very high and the presence of tourists is still reduced.
New York during the spring, our tips:
How to dress
For clothes everything changes if you arrive in April rather than June, in April bring some heavy garments for the coldest days and for the evening. Comfortable shoes and something suitable for rain, umbrella and k-way. Remember that on rainy days you can always dedicate yourself to visiting museums, shopping and watching a show.
For June add sunscreen, glasses and a hat.