Bryant Park is one of the most beloved parks located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Especially for New Yorkers that work around the area, it provides a great escape from the hustle and bustle offering free outdoor seatings, cafes, restaurants, and many other free activities.
One of the most popular free summer activities is probably the "Movies under the Stars
" program. Every Monday from June 10th to August 12th
, the park will showcase a different movie and people are welcome to grab a spot in the great lawn and enjoy a nice outdoor picnic while watching some great Hollywood Blockbusters.
The 2019 Movie Line-up and Schedule
Big with Tom Hanks at 5:00 pm
Big Daddy with Adam Sandler at 5:00 pm
The Birdcage (Fan Choice) at 5:00 pm
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before with Lana Condor and Noah Centineo at 5:00 pm
Carrie (1976) with Sissy Spacek at 5:00 pm
Bad Boys with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence at 5:00 pm
Coming To America with Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall at 5:00 pm
Goodfellas with Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, and Joe Pesci at 5:00 pm
: Anchorman with Will Ferrell at 5:00 pm
August 12: Fan Choice:
Vote on Twitter @vulture starting July 22
Some Rules & Guidelines as per Bryant Park Official Site
You can read full details here
- The MainLawn opens at 5:00 pm for blankets and picnicking, make sure to grab your spot early on!
- The Table area around the lawn opens at 4 pm.
- Unfortunately, our furry friends are not allowed on the lawn. Strict no-dog policy.
- The Movie will start at sunset (approx. between 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm)
- Please note that you must open all bags, backpacks, and packages for inspection.
- You cannot bring chairs nor tables to the lawn, only blankets. Other prohibited items include plastic sheets, tarps, bags, and/or pads.
- If you do not have a blanket, they do sell them at the Fountain Terrace Park Shop for your convenience along foods and drinks to enjoy during the movie.
- Each movie will display captions.
- There are 2 movies during the summer that will be voted by the fans (June 24 and August 12) -- You can cast your vote on Twitter.
-- Official Site
More Than Just Free Movies
But the Park doesn't only offer free movies, you can enjoy yoga
, tai chi
, and other workout classes
scheduled throughout the day and always completely free
There are also 8 areas of the park that are open daily for everybody to enjoy. They open at 11:00 am and close around 7:00 pm
except for the bar "The Porch" which will be open midnight.
- Art Cart
- Chess & Backgammon
- Le Carousel
- Ping Pong
- Putting + kubb
- Reading room
- The Porch
Make good use of the Whole Foods located right across the street and buy some freshly cooked meals, snacks or drinks. You can then go to one of the shaded areas and relax with a gorgeous view of the Empire State Building, the Bryant Park Hotel, the Bank of America Tower and other skyscrapers of Midtown Manhattan.
Enjoy your Summer in Bryant Park!