Some of these getaway ideas are perfect year-round others are ideal for certain times of the year, let's see together the best day trips from New York that will take you to discover beautiful, fun, historic and museum-rich cities and more. Day trips from New York are the best way to experience nearby towns, explore natural wonders, get to know cities rich in history, and immerse yourself in different athmopsheres. Some are trips that only require a couple of hours driving from New York, for others you may want to dedicate an entire weekend.
These are destinations that you can reach by car, Metro-Nord, Amtrack train or bus.
LET'S SEE THEM TOGETHER
1. Woodstock, NY - Great all 60s lovers - 2 hours and 11 minutes by car
2. Beacon, NY - For small town fans - 1 hour and 20 minutes in Metro-North
3. Kingston, NY - For thrifty-stores lovers & history buffs - 1 hour and 50 minutes by car
4. Cold Spring, NY - For outdoors lovers - 70 minutes in Metro-North
5. Sleepy Hollow, NY - For history lovers - 30–45 minutes by subway-North to Tarrytown
6. Washington, DC - For history buffs - 3 hours of Amtrak
7. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - For culture lovers - 1 hour and 30 minutes in Amtrak, 2 hours by bus
8. New Canaan, CT - For architecture enthusiasts - 1 hour and 15 minutes in Metro-North
9. Hamptons and Sag-Harbor - For beach-vibes - 3 hours by car
Now that longer and sunnier days are upon us, make sure you take some time to explore the beautiful surroundings of New York City, you will not be disappointed.
If you are looking to organize some exciting Day Trips and would like the help of one of our guides - LET US KNOW! We specialize in crafting customized fun activities for locals and visitors to NYC.
Tips for day trips to do by bus