EVENTS IN DECEMBER 2018
Christams Tree Lighting Shows
• Dec. 1st - Astoria Park
• Dec. 2nd - Park Avenue
• Dec. 2nd - Queens Botanical Garden
• Dec. 4th - Bryant Park
• Dec. 5th - Washington Square Park
• Dec. 6th - Madison Square Park
• Dec. 8th - W. Harlem Piers Park
CHRISTAMS CAROLS & CHOIRS IN NEW YORK
45th Appointment with "Christmas to the sound of Tuba" at Rochefeller Center
- Hundreds of Tuba Players will gather by The Rink at Rockefeller Center, Sunday December 9th 2018 at 3:30 pm
to play Christmas Carols. As every year, musicians from around the country will come under the famous Christmas Tree to fill the square with the sound of Tubas. The first Tuba Christmas was presented at the Rockefeller Center in 1974. This unusual Christmas tradition is firmly rooted in over 200 cities around the world.
December 24th at 5:00 pm in Washington Square Park
: The Rob Susman Brass Quartet will play and sing the most familiar Christmas melodies.
Handel’s Messiah December 11th - 15th, 2018 -
Performances of the New York Philharmonic at Lincoln Center for Handel's Messiah.
December 19th-23rd Lincoln Center -
Big Band Holidays presents Jazz at the Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis.
Christmas for our Furry Friends ...
December 9th 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Surely something you do not see every Christmas: the Blessing of the animals at Christ Church - 524 Park Avenue NY
- At the end of the Mass all the Animals are blessed. See The Program
New Year's Eve in New York
Times Square, Dicember 31st 2018 Read our Article Here
NYE with a Run on December 31st 2018
- Free Music and Dancing starts at 10pm, midnight fireworks, plus a NYRR 4 mile midnight run that requires registration, all by the Central Park Bandshell.
NYE with a December 31st 2018 Concert (from 7 pm to 9 pm)
The New Year's Eve Peace Concert offers choral and orchestra music, solo singers and luminous candles inside St John's The Divine Cathedral..
NYE with Fireworks December 31st 2018
(from 10:30 pm to 12:30 am) Have fun with free entertainment and hot chocolate and then watch the New Year's fireworks at midnight right in Brooklyn. By the Grand Army Plaza di Brooklyn. Free.